Fundamentals of Instructing FAA Written Exam, Sixth Edition
The primary purpose of Fundamentals of Instructing FAA Written
Exam is to provide you with the easiest, fastest, and least expensive
means of passing the Fundamentals of Instructing (FOI) knowledge
test, which is required before you can obtain your basic flight
instructor certification. You are not required to take the FOI
knowledge test if you hold an FAA flight or ground instructor
certificate; hold a current teacher's certificate authorizing
you to teach at an educational level of the 7th grade or higher;
or, you are currently employed as a teacher at an accredited college
Appendix B of this book is a reprint of "Section Two -- The
Flight Instructor" from the FAA's Aviation Instructor's Handbook
(AC 60-14). It is useful reading and periodic review for instructors.
It consists of three chapters:
1. Flight Instructor Characteristics and Responsibilities
2. Techniques of Flight Instruction
3. Planning Instructional Activity
Appendix C of this book consists of suggestions on how to
find or becomre a sponsor for a "ground school". It also contains
suggestions on course organizations, lecture outlines, and class
We change the FAA knowledge (written) test process from a
memorization marathon to a learning opportunity and experience.
You get higher test scores in less study time. Seven of the major
differences between our Fundamentals of Instructing FAA Written
Exam books and most other available books are
1. Only airplane-related questions and study materials are included
in our books.
2. Comprehensive explanations of each question are provided, including
explanations of why each answer is incorrect.
3. Answer explanations are NEXT to each question, NOT at the back
of the book.
4. All FAA test questions are reorganized into logical topics
(barriers to learning, teaching methods, etc.)
5. You are provided with outlines explaining the concepts tested
at the beginning of each chapter so you can study and learn the
material before you answer an study the test questions.
6. A detailed index assists you in finding topics and questions
you wish to study.
7. You are provided with practice tests using the FAA's mix of