Easy Flight On-line Calendar
Easy Flight conducts training operations in Illinois and Florida . The calendar below lists general dates for courses. When you sign up for a course, we will work with you to find a date and place that works best for you. Generally, recreational/civilian training takes place in Greenville, Illinois or Dunnellon, Florida depending on the time of year.
Reading the Calendar
The calendar has two basic color codes:
- One Seat is available in the scheduled course. Course location is as listed. Since the course is customized for a single student's needs, it can be any one of the following products:
- Initial Sport Pilot Certification
- This is the most common kind of training offered in the United States for powered parachutes. This is for the potential pilot who doesn’t have an FAA rating and who wants to fly powered parachutes. What you get out of completing a sport pilot certification program is an FAA pilot license for powered parachutes. It allows you to fly a two-seat, N-numbered powered parachute and take others for flights. It’s a rigorous program that includes taking a knowledge test and a check ride. It’s a full 2-4 week commitment depending on location and time of year.
- Prerequisite: None.
- Pilot Category Transition to Powered Parachute
- This is similar to an initial sport pilot certification in ratings and privileges, but it’s for someone who is already an FAA certificated pilot. It’s a full 2-4 week commitment depending on location and time of year.
- Prerequisite: Sport pilot, private pilot, or higher FAA rating.
- Private Pilot Powered Parachute Tranisition
- Private Pilot Powered Parachute is an advanced rating that allows a pilot to fly powered parachutes with more seats, fly at night, and fly at higher altitudes. Flying at night is the big draw. The rating requires its own knowledge test, even if you are already a sport pilot, twice as many training hours as a sport pilot applicant, and a check ride. This is less than a 2-4 week commitment, but is scheduled as a 2-4 week course.
- Prerequisite: Powered parachute sport pilot rating
- Initial Flight Instructor Certification
- This is for the powered parachute pilot who wants to become a flight instructor. It’s a full 2-4 week commitment depending on location and time of year.
- Prerequisite: Be at least a sport pilot powered parachute and have at least 100 hours of flight time, with at least 50 of those hours in a powered parachute.
- Transition Existing Flight Instructor to Powered Parachute
- This is for an existing powered parachute sport pilot who holds a flight instructor rating in another category and wants to become a powered parachute flight instructor also. This is less than a 2-4 week commitment, but is scheduled as a 2-4 week course.
- Prerequisite: Be at least a sport pilot powered parachute and a flight instructor for another category.
- Pilot and Instructor Transition to Powered Parachute
- This is an aggressive course and is a combination of the two transitions, specifically pilot category transition and transitioning flight instructor. If someone is already a flight instructor in another category, this class gets you both your pilot and instructor ratings.
- Prerequisite: Hold FAA pilot and instructor ratings in another category.
- Pilot Proficiency and Flight Review
- This class is for clients who have previously attended Easy Flight training and want to get a flight review with rusty pilot training, advanced training, or both
- Prerequisite: Obtained a powered parachute rating with Easy Flight.
- Classes That Are Sold Out or Closed to Enrollment
To determine which class is best for your situation, please book a consultation by clicking on the button below. If a class location hasn't already been determined, that can be coordinated during the consultation.Book a Consultation
The overall training calendar for 2024 is detailed below. The list below includes both available and booked courses. If you are interested in one of the courses, please attend the webinar to find out what the course consists of. At the end of the webinar, you will be able to book a consultation to schedule a course.
- January 2-31, 2024 (Dunnellon, FL)
- February 1-29, 2024 (Dunnellon, FL)
- March 1-31, 2024 (Dunnellon, FL)
- April 1-30, 2024 (Dunnellon, FL)
- May 1-21, 2024 (Dunnellon, FL)
- May 15-28, 2023 (Dunnellon, FL)
- May 22 - June 11, 2024 (Dunnellon, FL)
- June 24 - July 7, 2024 (Greenville, IL)
- July 8-21, 2024 (Greenville, IL)
- July 22 - August 4, 2024 (Greenville, IL)
- August 5-18, 2024 (Greenville, IL)
- August 19 - September 1, 2024 (Greenville, IL)
- September 9-29, 2024 (Dunnellon, FL)
- October 1-31, 2024 (Dunnellon, FL)
- November 1-30, 2024 (Dunnellon, FL)
- December 1-31, 2024 (Dunnellon, FL)